Let us help you.
Whether you are looking to join USA Volleyball or are already a member, we know there are times when you need your questions answered.
We’ve collected a few commonly asked questions below. Don’t see yours? Your first call should be to your region, as they can answer most questions. You may also reach out to our Membership Department at email@example.com.
Note: You first need a regional membership attached to your SportsEngine account.
- Sign in to your SportsEngine account and click the Household tab.
- Click on the profile that has the region membership assigned to it.
- On the right side of the screen, under the membership, click View Details.
- Click the arrow icon (>) next to the membership to view membership details.
Use our region map above to find the region where you live. USA Volleyball memberships are handled through one of our 40 regions.
Each region has a variety of registration levels from which to choose. Check with your region to see which types are available for you. In general, they are:
Adult (for players, coaches, officials)
Juniors (for players ages 18 and under)
Youth (for players ages 11 and under)
Outdoor (for late spring/summer only play)
One event (for one even USAV-sanctioned play)
League (for 8-12 week limited play only leagues)
Other (fan, chaperone, leadership, etc.)
- Coaches for youth, junior and adult play must be registered members of the region in which they live.
- All coaches who work with players under the age of 18 must also have a current background screening. USA Volleyball has been protecting children with this requirement sine 2005.
- U.S. Center for Safesport Core Training is required for adults who have regular contact with amateur athletes who are minors, and/or have regular contact with or authority over an amateur athlete who is a minor. The training must be completed before regular contact with and amateur athlete who is a minor begins; or within the first 45 days of initial membership, or upon beginning a new role subjecting the adult to MAAPP.
- Coaches are also required to have the USAV IMPACT course certification in order to coach a junior program. IMPACT is currently offered online. Learn more.
All referees and scorekeepers must be registered members and background screened by the region in which they live. Depending on the level of certification and the region, requirements vary. Each region sets its own limitations and needs for that area on regional requirements. It is best to check with your region and official’s chair for full listing of same.
Officials must also take SafeSport training. U.S. Center for SafeSport “Core” Training is required training for adults who have regular contact with amateur athletes who are minors, and/or have regular contact with or authority over an an amateur athlete who is a minor. The training must be completed before regular contact with an amateur athlete who is a minor begins; or within the first 45 days of initial membership, or upon beginning a new role subjecting the adult to the MAAPP.
Yes! You can be on a different USAV team, while playing park and rec, or sign up your whole team and play USAV events as well. Some of the 40 RVAs may choose to run a friendship tourney period that runs in the fall, which allows players to practice and/or play with various USAV teams in advance of the regular season. Contact your local RVA office for details.
Take SafeSport training through your SportsEngine account. These documents will guide you.
How to Complete SafeSport Training/Refresher Course for USA Volleyball
How to Complete SafeSport Training/Refresher Course from Your SportsEngine Account
You may now access the USAV Academy via your SportsEngine account.